Tags

,


     In the past week I’ve decided that it’s time to become a bit more Internet savvy.  Sure, I’ve got the blog thing that I’ve been doing for years, but I’m woefully behind the times when it comes to social networking sites, life stream sites, and whatever other goofball things happen to be out there.

     I do have a Facebook account, so I figured that would be a good place to start.  For a long time I was getting all these invitation for these weird things.  Zombie wars, Pirate wars, Werewolf wars, Mob wars, and so on.  I never really knew what they were for.  It also doesn’t help that I don’t have a bazillion friends. 

     Anyway, I started looking at some of the applications that were available.  As near as I can figure, 90% of the applications on Facebook are for teenage girls.  The other 10% are kind of playable, although a lot of them remind me of graphical versions of BBS games from long ago.

Yoville

     Right now I’m playing “Yoville,” which looks like a scaled down

“Sims.”  Essentially the idea is to make money and buy furniture and clothes.  You have an apartment, which is where you can put your furniture and home decorations.  You can also wander around town and talk to people.  It’s kind of interesting, except the town is full of people who “tlk 2 u like dis.”  It’s kind of like Brooklyn or Bayonne.

     To make money, you go to the Widget factory and sign into the computer.  You can also make money by playing games with other people in town, like “tic-tac-toe” or “rock-paper-scissors.”

     Buying food at the diner allows you to get energy that you can

use for actions.  Like, doing the “robot dance” or waving your arms around.  You can buy alcohol which fuzzes up your screen.  You can also buy coffee so you can move around faster.  I haven’t seen anything for simulated sex, which I’m pretty sure is at the top of most people’s wish list.

     Despite the fact that I think everyone that’s on “Yoville” is a teenage girl, everyone seems to be quite nice. 

Advertisements